“Need Firewood to Heat Your Home?”
* Cord of firewood price: $250 *
NO SEASONED FIREWOOD AVAILABLE!
(DUE TO HIGH DEMAND WE ONLY HAVE GREEN WOOD – SEE FAQ)
“What They Don’t Tell You About Heating Your Home with Wood (when you do it all yourself)”
- Finding quality hardwoods (which makes the best firewood) is harder than you think.
- It’s not enough to chop wood every week or so. You have to be consistent. You always have to have a steady supply on hand for heating your home, when you need it.
- You need a ‘backup’ firewood supply in case of power outages or natural disasters.
- You’d better have a good back & a love of hard physical activity because hauling, cutting and splitting all the wood you need for a season is NOT easy or quick.
“Why Not Save Your Back & Your Free Time!”
Offering fully dry & split firewood for sale
- Seasoned and dried right – so our logs burn longer and cleaner.
- All wood professionally cut and split – our logs stack perfectly into your stove or fireplace.
- All wood delivered directly to your front door – ready to heat your home right away.
“We Only Sell Legal-Size Cords of Locally Grown Hardwoods that are Responsibly Harvested”
Our Current Cord Firewood Prices*
Full Cord: $250 – 128 Cubic Feet – delivered*
Half-Cord: $150 – 64 Cubic feet – DELIVERED*
U- PICKUP: $150 – $200 – depends on the Truck Bed size
NOTE: These prices only include the firewood and delivery to your home.
Frequently Asked Questions about Firewood
What is Green Wood?
Green wood is firewood that has been recently cut and therefore has not had an opportunity to season (dry) by evaporation, so it’s internal moisture content is 100%.
Since green wood contains more moisture than seasoned wood that makes it the worst choice for burning!
So if you buy green wood you must allow it to air dry for several months (yes, months) before you use it to heat your home.
We strongly recommend that you DO NOT USE green wood for heating because:
(1) The moisture in green wood gives off much less heat than dried or seasoned firewood. Green wood uses most of its energy trying to remove the moisture from the wood rather than warming your home.
(2) Green wood creates creosote as a by-product. Creosote buildups in chimney flues and wood burning stoves can lead to fires under the right conditions.
(3) Green wood has no cracks, and the bark is still firmly attached so it is more likely to sizzle or bubble at the edges when it is placed in the fire, causing more sparks.
Q: Do You TAKE CREDIT CARDS?
Yes, we do accept credit cards but we will add a 5% service fee to all credit card orders.
Q: DO YOU STACK THE FIREWOOD YOU DELIVER?
NO. Due to insurance and liability concerns…we do not stack firewood on your property! Never have.
Q: WHAT SIZE IS A full CORD OF FIREWOOD?
In NC the legal size for a cord of wood measures approximately 4 feet x 8 feet x 4 feet or 128 cubic feet. Anything less is not a full cord.
Q: What is the normal length of YOUR firewood?
The average length of our firewood measures roughly 16 inches.
Q: WILL I HAVE TO CHOP MY firewood into smaller pieces to get THEM to fit into my stove or fireplace?
Maybe. And here’s why…there are approximately 60 wood stove manufacturers in the world and the largest one, Hearth & Homes Technologies has over 49 different models!
So there is no way we can split firewood into a one-size-fits-all cut that will fit into every wood stove or fireplace ever made.
This means that you may have to occassionally take an axe or a hatchet and chop an already split log into the smaller sizes you want.
However we can cut logs to a specific length if you want us to…see next question below.
Q: CAN YOU CUSTOM CUT FIREWOOD TO LENGTH?
Yes, we can. But if you want firewood cut longer or shorter than 16 inches in length, we have to charge you an extra $50.
This is because our log cutting/splitting machine has to be reset from the standard so we can run a special sized cord just for you.
Q: why is your FIREWOOD full of bark?
Unlike plastic wrapped firewood that is sold in grocery or convenience stores, naturally seasoned firewood often contains loose bark debris, wood chips and other organic matter. Since we sell by the cord (not the pound), this will not affect how much wood you get.
Ready to Get Warm?
If so then call (828) 230-1165 today to schedule your firewood delivery or to set a time to drop by and fill your pickup truck! Or use the handy order form below…